Friday, March 18, 2011

Monster Jam Party!!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted. So many things have been going on and my next few posts are actually going to be moving backwards. Sadly, my uncle passed away unexpectedly last week and my family is really taking it rough. It's been a struggle...my heart breaks so badly for my cousins and aunt and I wish that I could do something or say something that would help to comfort them, but I know that time will heal the pain.  So please keep our family in your prayers, as this has just been so difficult for everyone.

 My little guy turned four on Monday, and I am nowhere near getting finished with what I had planned as far as pictures and blogging goes, but I will get there! Hopefully I'll knock those four year old pictures out this week, if he and the weather will cooperate with me.

So he's been requesting a Monster Jam party for his 4th birthday. Shocking, huh? We just had a little park party, with pizza and cupcakes and lots of little friends. I didn't get near as many pictures as I had hoped, but I'll take what I got!





That was Dakota screaming at me for taking too many pictures and
his friend in the orange looking at him like he's nutso! 

The boys went wild when they saw the cupcakes!!

Happy boy! Can't believe he's four! 

Singing Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!




Pinwheels and lollipops 
Funny thing, I made a banner that didn't even make it in the pictures. I always have all kinds of ideas and plans in my head of the way I want to do things, and it just never works out the way I planned! I stopped at 3 stores on the way to the party, looking for lime green balloons. When I finally found them at the 3rd store, they ALL popped within 5 minutes of being in the car!! So we had a party with no balloons! But the kids were happy playing basketball and riding bikes and I think Dakota really enjoyed it, and as long as the kids are happy, I am happy. And best of all, I won't have to worry about another birthday party again for a year!! ;)


**Check back for a video...it's not cooperating with me right now but I hope to have it up soon!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun party! I'm not surprised they went wild over those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me it looks like the kids never missed the balloons. What a great party.

    ReplyDelete