Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Special Day

Today was a super special day for Dakota. Caidyn, his first friend, since the minute he was born (well, more like about an hour after he was born!), came to visit from Asheville. He was so very excited! He hasn't seen her since October, and didn't really get a chance to play with her then. So it's pretty much been since last summer since they actually got to play! It's amazing how much they've grown in these almost 4 years...love listening to their little conversations and seeing them hold hands in the car (Dakota says she's his girlfriend, but Caidyn denies it!). Liz and I took them to the park and they had a blast feeding the (yucky!) ducks and riding the paddle boats. Then we went out for some Japanese (Dakota loved watching the chef do all kinds of cool things while making the food and he was really good at using the chopsticks!). Afterwards, Ms. Kristen from their old school, treated them to some Baskin Robbins. What a fun day for them!



Feeding the ducks

Captain of the boat

Sleeping on the job, Captain?

"Never forget the days I spent with you.
Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."

Ludwig Van Beethoven 

6 comments:

  1. How sweet!

    I love when they are little...if they only knew how much drama boyfriends and girlfriends bring!

    Thanks for joining The Blogging Buddies group

    I look forward to getting to know you through your blog!

    I do have a couple of other blogs:

    Come on home - mom blog

    Workingathomeadvice.com

    Have a great day!

    I'll send you your buddy list soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of the kids just make me smile. I feel the love.

    I am part of the blogging buddies group and a new follower of yours.
    You can find me at http://momsinvent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm a part of the Blogging Buddies group too and I just wanted to say hello and that I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glynis and Lisa, I added you two as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, I think it is wonderful, that your son has a good friend at such a young age. I think these are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your day. I am Misti. One of your blogging buddies. :)

    ReplyDelete