Sunday, February 20, 2011

22 days


Twenty-two short days and my (semi) sweet boy will be the big FOUR. *tears* I was just thinking today, while driving in the truck, listening to him going on and on about trucks and cars and trains- really, where did the time go? I remember being so particular with him when he was a little younger and correcting many words and phrases that he said wrong and while it definitely paid off, now I just smile to myself and stay quiet
 when I hear him say things like, "bah-bar shop", "hemmet" (helmet) and "Toys-For-Us".

 I'm hanging on for dear life to this wee bit of toddlerhood that's left in him.

Today he scored $5 from his Oma- my mom- and even at his young age, money burns a hole
 in his pocket. I suggested ice cream or donuts but he wasn't up for that. So he talked me into taking him to 
"Toys-For-Us" so he could "shop for a new toy". The other day he received a $3 TRU bucks
 in the mail for his birthday so that gave him $8 to spend.



Hmm, what will he get today?

Yes, I really did take my camera in TRU...speedlight and all....


Happily walking back to the car.

Stopping to show off his new stuff...

New monster truck, Maximum "Construction" (which is really Maximum Destruction) 
and a new cool bag to carry all of his monster trucks in.
At one point I used to have to beg and bribe him for pictures but he is really starting to enjoy taking them. 
He loves my blog and he knows it's about him so he will come sit beside me
 and ask me to read the stories that I write about him. 
So when I told him that I was taking these pics for a new story, he was happy to cooperate. 

Dakota, here is another story just for you!
You are the star in your mommy and daddy's eyes.
We love you so much, our baby boy. 

5 comments:

  1. Every time I sit down and re-read this entire site, I sit and cry. This precious child, who is the apple of his Oma's eye, never ceases to amaze!! You are so lucky to be this beautiful child's mommy, and he is so lucky to have you!! I love you Dakota!! And I love your mommy too! :)
    Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I'm 26 and I have a 8yr old and 5yr old soon to be in April "gasp" 6 years old. I think that is why I am pregnant now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can it be so sad, yet exciting at the same time to watch them grow up?! Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a beautiful child. He looks so proud of himself on his new purchase.I wish we could stop time so we can enjoy our children longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. He was very proud!

    ReplyDelete