Monday, February 14, 2011

A Vintage Valentine's Day

There's nothing better to wake up to on Valentine's Day than hearing, "Happy Balentime's Day, Mommy" from a little sleepy voice beside you. My little Valentine was ready to get his day started and he was excited to be going to school to pass out his Valentine's Day cards that he worked so hard on. I am so proud of him for writing his name 13 times. That's A LOT !

And...if you thought the last post had too many pics...then you are really gonna think this one is ridiculous.





Happy to be finished with writing all 13 valentines for his friends.


He did a pretty good job! There isn't much space to write.



Counting to see how many more ribbons we need.
Adding the final touch!

Custom-made, by Mommy...Monster Jam Valentines
with Skittles attached to the back

So we got everything together and off to school he went. It was so sweet watching him walk into school with 2 roses- one for each teacher. When I went back for his Valentine's Party, I saw that his valentines were still in his backpack, despite the fact that a bag full of valentines were on his mat. He forgot to take them out of his bag and never told his teacher so he didn't get to pass them out :( It broke my heart that he was so excited to show his friends and he didn't even get to because they were in his bag the whole time. Poor guy! So I got him off of the playground and let him put one on his friends mats. He seemed happy enough with that.

As for the party...





Photo courtesy of Dakota! He even focused it perfectly :)


Then back home to check out his valentines from his friends 
and Mommy and Daddy got him a few little things too.


Heart-shaped crayons. Super cute idea from Sylvia.

Just a few small things to make my boy happy. 

3 comments:

  1. Well, I am sorry that I never did get my little guy anything for Valentine's Day!! I sure do miss him though! Hopefully, I will be feeling better soon and he can come and visit his Oma and Dennis! :) I love you little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he had a Happy Balentimes Day! Love that he wrote his name Go Dakota!! Did someone make that loaf of heart bread? How cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jen- He's been writing his name for a while, just not 13 times in a row which he wasn't thrilled with until he was finished..lol! I don't know where they got that bread from but it was super cute!!

    @ Mom- It's fine! It's not like he needs anything else anyway. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete