Sunday, February 13, 2011

$5 goes a long way

I've been working on this post all night.

 I stopped by the blog earlier, to post quickly, to hold the date because I knew I wouldn't be finished before Valentine's day and here I am, at 12:49 am, February 14th- finally done. 

And all I have to say is, if you don't like seeing pictures of my kid,
you'd better leave now!

Because if there is really a such thing as a Dakota overload,
it's now.

Remember on Saturday Dakota got $5 for V-day from Papaw and Mamaw-
who by the way, are my dad and stepmom.

Well I ended up taking him that night, instead of the morning
 (because, once again, he is spoiled) to Target to pick something out with his money.

And I told myself that I was not letting him buy anything over $5 
and that he really didn't need anything anyway...
especially with his birthday being right around the corner.

He looked and looked. 

Picked up every kind of toy.

He knew that he had $5 and that was all he could spend.

Most of the things he picked up cost more than $5.

So I kept telling him, "Too much". I wasn't giving in.

He never complained, just kept looking.

We went from the toys to the Valentine's section to the sports section
and then back to the toys.

Finally he pointed to some small Matchbox airplanes and said,
"Can I buy an airplane with my $5?"

Well, he was thrilled because the airplanes were $2.49 each.

Which meant, he could by two of them.

So in the end, I spent .39 cent. 

But that doesn't count. :)

And as we were walking out of the toy section, he stopped at the Barbie dolls
and was looking for a second at the Ken dolls.
Then he kind of turned his head to the side and chuckled and said,
"He's pretending to be a girl."
Of course, I laughed and asked him if he wanted one of those,
which was answered quickly by a fierce, "NO!".

He's really a little character.

By the time we got home, it was time for bath and bed and he was upset
because he wanted to fly his new planes.

So I told him he could play with them in the bath...and I grabbed my camera.

There are a few reasons why I just love taking pictures of Kota in the bath.

One, because he is in a limited space and he cannot run off.

Two, because I love his little curls when they are wet. So sweet.

And lastly, I love the colors and the brightness of the bathroom.

So here is the overload. I couldn't decide on just a few.

Yes, I know...I am ridiculous.











How awesome is it that something as simple as five bucks can bring so much joy to a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment