As I am still stumbling over the keys, what I do know is, that I have one amazing son and I have a passion for photography. While I'm not anywhere near a professional photographer (nor a professional writer...did I mention that?), I still know that I can create some beautiful images when I work hard and put my heart into it. Of course, the first thing I always capture is my boy, Dakota. Let me introduce this curly-haired, talkative, rambunctious, and wonderful child to you. Most of you already know him...but just in case you somehow ran across this blog by accident, this is our story.
Trav and I have been together for 8 years. He has two kids from a previous marriage, Kaylah, 14 and Kobe, 10. On Independence Day, 2006, we found out that we were expecting a new little one. We lived in a smaller house at the time and we knew that we needed to move, to make space for this little blessing that was right around the corner. We found a house in August and in October, I found out I was having a boy. We decided immediately to name him Dakota Michael. From October until March, I stayed in the baby aisles of the stores, picking up blue and green and brown for this baby that I was already in love with, and was anxiously waiting to meet. Finally on March 14th, 2007 at 7:39 pm, my wait was over, and Trav and I welcomed baby Kota into this big world and he immediately took over our hearts. And that was it. God blessed us with this tiny gift of perfection and I felt like I was the luckiest person alive. Until that moment, I never realized how something so small and fragile can change your life in the blink of an eye.
Time goes so quickly and he's grown so fast, it's unbelievable.
He's almost four now, and it breaks my heart.
He is "all boy" with a love for any kind of sports, music and anything with wheels.
He loves going to preschool twice a week and is such a good little student. I'm so proud of him.
I can't believe that sweet tiny little baby will be in Kindergarten so soon.
So there he is...don't let him fool you though!
On another note, today IS the first day of a new year. Trav brought me flowers last night to celebrate another year together and Dakota so happily gave them to me (and took all the credit for it too!)
A new year, a new chapter. I cannot wait to see what the new year holds for us!
But sadly, through it all, I cannot finish this post without mentioning the passing of an old friend, Carl Safrit. I grew up with Carl and his brothers...they were and still are like a 2nd family to me. Carl was loved by so many and he has touched so many lives. His smile was truly contagious. Rest in peace, sweet Carl. God had a plan for you and he knew what he was doing when he decided to call you home. We know you are looking down on us, with that bright smile and we can now have peace in our hearts, knowing that you are no longer suffering.
Carl Ray Safrit
November 21st, 1981-January 1st, 2011
So now I lay here, exhausted. Not sure what else to write and knowing I will come back tomorrow to edit all of this. But in the end, I am pretty happy with where I've gotten so far.
Happy New Year 2011 and goodnight friends!


You're amazing, Holly. Seriously. I miss you soo much!! Don't think you aren't a fabulous writer, bc this post had me in tears. I look forward to reading this blog this year! :)
ReplyDeleteWordVerification was bless. How awesome is that?! ;)